THE DICKENS FAMILY



Prayed for One, Blessed with Two!

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Been a long time.....

Wow, I can't believe how long it has been since my last post. It seems like life has just past me by with everything that is going on.

Christmas was ok this last year, although the kids were both sick again! :( I hate that they get sick over the holiday's. Kayla was much worst Christmas day and it almost seemed like she had pneumonia again, like the year before when we spent Christmas week in the hospital. We did have a great new year and we ended up in January taking Kayla to a Pulmonary doctor and she was put on some new medication that she will take pretty much all year long to prevent her fragile lungs from getting so sick again. We have been back and forth between doctors with ear infections and her Asthma breathing issues since December and this last ear infection(ear drum rupture) I requested ear tubes so that surgery is scheduled for June 4th. She is doing great now that she is on all this medication and has only had a few mild colds, but no major asthma related breathing issues. She is loving her pre-school and can now spell her name when you ask her. She is still practicing her name writing when tracing, so hopefully she will be able to write her name on paper without tracing before too long!! She has grown up so fast this last year and I might add that she would make a great teacher as she loves to help the other kids with puzzles and other stuff at school, but she is also very bossy!! She is very independent like her mommy and likes to do things for herself which mommy has a very hard time with because we are so much alike and if it isn't done to my liking then I have to fix things and she doesn't like that and will let you know it too!! She is growing into a beautiful little girl, but loves to get dirty and play rough!! Not a very girly girl at all. Although she is starting to like to wear dresses more, but they come off to easy and that is creating a problem at school when she wants to take her dress off. She likes to do that at home and not wear any clothes(well only her panties). She takes after her father on that one, I must add!! Other than that she is doing great and just growing too fast.

Cooper is enjoying school as well and he is all boy as well!! He loves to rough house with daddy and Kayla. He is doing good in pre-school as well and can't quite spell his name out loud just yet. He has the COO part down, but that PER is not easy for him. We are practicing though. He does pretty good at tracing his name and has even wrote his name out without having to trace the letters so it won't be too long that he can do it all by himself. He loves to draw and color pictures and he gets into it as well. He doesn't want to be bothered when he is deep into his art!! He loves to play outside, but lately this weather has been getting to his allergies, so he was put on singulair as a preventative for him to not get so bad! Other than that he is doing really good health wise and doesn't seem to get as many ear infections as his sister. Being twins they usually get sick together, so even though it is tough to deal with 2 kids sick at the same time, it usually doesn't drag out over weeks with them getting sick one after another! Cooper talks about getting to go fishing with his daddy sometimes and he wants to catch a shark!! I think it is too cute that he gets as excited about fishing as his daddy does!! Now he wants to catch a redfish with daddy. One day they will have to go fishing and stay out until he catches that redfish!! He would be so excited!! He is more sensitive then Kayla and he gets his feelings hurt more when he gets disciplined more than her. It hurts me when I have to get on to him because he has always been such a sweet natured child and now with the terrible 3's (Yes, worse than 2's) he tries to push the limit on what he does and then the talking back stuff when he doesn't like us telling him not to do something. He is growing up so fast as well and it seems like he has gone through another growing spurt lately and shot up in height.

They both are still around 30 pounds each, but they are so active all day long that they just work off what they eat. They never sit still and it is hard to get them to sit still long enough to even watch any TV. They love Dora the Explorer and Mickey Mouse clubhouse, but still wont watch a full episode. I do love that my kids are so active and not couch potatoes!!

This past weekend we were out at Strawberry festival and the kids got to do Mutton Bustin. They were so excited to get to ride a sheep for the first time and they even got little trophies afterwards. Cooper was the first one to go and then Kayla went and she cried I think only because she got a mouth full of sand and it made her made. Daddy was down there with them and he said she held on tight and got dragged a little bit so that is why all the sand got in her mouth.

Larry and I are doing good. Larry has been doing cookoff's with some of his fireman buddies so that is keeping him busy on the weekends when they do that. He is still staying busy with his main job with Houston Fire Dept. and then he works at 2 college's as a side job with the Fire Academy class'. I am still working with my Allstate Agent trying to sale insurance. It is getting difficult now days to find insurance and it is more difficult for us agents to tell the customers that we can't provide them with insurance that they need to have or to provide them with high dollar premiums for these policies that we can offer. I still love my job though and wouldn't trade it for the world. My boss has been so wonderful to me and my family and I won't ever have to worry about a thing while he is my boss!!! I have also joined the YMCA and have been taking a Spin class 2 nights a week and boy is that a tough thing to do!! I feel for those biker's that do marathon's and stuff!! I don't know how they do it, but the class is getting better the more I go!! The other reason I joined the Y is because they offer swim lesson's to the kids during the summer, so my kids will both be in a class by July!! I will feel much better around water after they take the swim lessons!!

Right now we are dealing with our house repairs that need tending too and the #1 fix is our roof. We have purchased all the roofing material and we are just waiting on one more estimate from a roofer that is coming out tomorrow. We did learn that we have termites on the garage which luckily is detached from the house so we are not worried about damage to the main house, but we still have to have the problem taken care of so I got terminix out yesterday, wrote the check and they are treating the termites this afternoon which should take care of our problem for a while!! Now the fun of trying to fix the damage that they have caused to some of our wood on the garage!! We will also finally be able to complete the bathroom remodel that we started like 4 years ago on the guest/kids bathroom so I am excited to finally get that done. I will also be re doing the ceramic tile in our master bathroom and will put ceramic tile down on those floors, so once the 1st bathroom is complete, then we will do the master bath. That way we always have one working bathroom in the house while the other is being done!! I am so excited to get all these repairs done and behind us and not have to hopefully worry about anything for a while. Oh the joys of being a homeowner though!!

Anyway, I think that I should probably end this post now and I will try my best to keep up with things from now on!! I will also try to post some pictures later after I get home since all my recent pictures are on that computer and I am at work right now. As you can tell not working too hard though!! Sorry for such a long one, but it has been a while as you can tell!!!

1 comment: