THE DICKENS FAMILY



Prayed for One, Blessed with Two!

Friday, September 25, 2009

Happy 3rd Birthday Kayla & Cooper!!!

Today Kayla & Cooper are 3 and this time 3 years ago my beautiful 2 pound babies were fighting for their lives!! Everything went so fast the morning that they were born as I was in full active labor! My doctor was in my room at 7am checking on me and I had been having contractions since Saturday, but that morning they were going strong and I knew it wasn't right! Dr. Plavidal told me very sweetly that I was dilated to a 7 and that he would meet me in the OR. I was so scared and Larry had gone home and I started calling him and couldn't get him so then I went into panic mode!! I was by myself and scared for my babies as they were being born too early!! By the time we were in the OR, my epidural wasn't working fast enough, so they had to end up putting me under so I did miss my babies being born, which I am still sad about!! They are my first babies and I wanted to see them before they had to put all the tubes and wires on then, but that didn't happen!! Kayla was born at 8:33am weighing 2pounds 3.6ozs and Cooper was born at 8:34am weighing 2pounds 4.6ozs.

Today they are thriving 3 year olds and are healthy and doing great and so smart!! I am so proud to be their mother and Larry is proud to be their father!! I couldn't have asked for more!!! I am so happy that God put these children into our lives and who knows if there are more children in our future, only God knows and if we are to have more than I will take what I am blessed with and if these are our only two, then I am more blessed than ever!!

Happy Birthday to my sweet miracle Angels!! We Love you so much and can't wait to share many more birthday's with you two!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment